He is one of the most unusual artists of recent years. Finally, a musician with the guts to choose a different style from what you’ve been hearing on the radio recently. A tremendous musical diversity and unusual kinds of interpretations are the hallmarks of Magnus’ style, which he calls “Sophisticated Pop”.
His music is an interesting combination of EDM, R & Band soul, mixed with rock, Classical, Electronica and even Ballads and Funk.
Magnus sings his own compositions, on top of playing bass and guitar. Millions of people in social media, radio, and TV have been touched by his music. Magnus is his incredible musical diversity. He explores all kinds of styles and creates a number of alternative versions of his songs, spanning many different genres. Magnus is simply different. The last single “OUT” was successful in many countries in the charts (British Music Week “Upfront Club Charts”, DDJC, SDS, Buzz Charts France, hit of the club in France, Europe, and World DJ Charts) and even reached the number 1 the charts European and No. 6 in the worldwide DJ charts and No. 1 in the DJ download charts.
The current single “HIGHER AND HIGHER” is even more successful and stormed the iTunes sales charts to the top 10 position #7. The song is on the radio worldwide with great success.
1. Q: Thank you for taking the time for this interview for TOP MEGA NEWS. Let’s start at the beginning with your music career. For the first time readers finding out about you via this interview will want to know how you came about with your musical journey…..
I started making music at the age of 12. At the age of 13, I founded my first band, her name was “Quartz”. That was a very nice time. We made rock music and also gave concerts. Everything started then.
2. Q: What were you like in high school?
For the first 4 years I was a very bad student. Then in the last years I got better and better. In the last 2 years I was really good.
3. Q: What have you experienced as a Musician that gives you a clear understanding of just how ‘tough’ the industry can be at times?
The music industry is very tough. There are far too many new pieces of music today. Every day new ones are added. This makes music less and less worthwhile. The quality is getting worse. Everyone thinks he can make music but that’s wrong.
4. Q: What are some of the highlights of your musical career which also lead you to this point in time?
From September 2013 to February 2016 we worked very hard on my first album INSIDE. This work was the basis of everything. During this time many good melodies and good lyrics were created. This experience was incredibly important.
5. Q: Social Media: Do you feel it truly reflects an Artists talent?
Social media is good and bad … both at the same time. Artists have an advantage in becoming better known. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fakes. And that is very bad. In addition, the communication between people through social media is getting worse and worse.
6. Q: Tell us about one of your favorite places you have performed and why?
My favorite place is in the forest because there is real peace.
7. Q: What has always been your ‘go to’ thing? Is it writing, producing, singing….?
I always wanted to do everything. I like to compose and I like to sing. But a good song requires both … good music and good lyrics.
8. Q: Which group or artist inspired you the most growing up in music?
At the beginning it was the Beatles and McCartney but also Jean-Michel Jarre, Pink Floyd, Tony Bennet, Prince, The Style Council and many more. There are so many incredible artists.
9. Q: Who are three of the greatest song writers and producers that you have ever worked with?
For the producers, I would say Bruno Seletkovic and Alex Schroer … but I do not think they know that. For the musicians, the best still come …
10. Q: If you had to pick one actor, actress or singer that you think has the most determination, who would that be?
I think that Will Smith but also Meryl Streep. Both are very successful and know exactly what they want.
11. Q: Who gave you your first opportunity in music?
Nobody. I gave myself the first chance. It would have been nice if I had gotten such a thing but unfortunately I had to seize the opportunity myself.
Final question: I have been asked many times: where do you see yourself in 5 -10 years’ time? I personally feel that isn’t a fair question because it is so general-based. So let me ask you this: What are the new things you would like to try with your career or even lifestyle that you haven’t experienced yet or would like to do differently and why?
I believe that a career can only work if you are very focused. You have to know your goal and then have a plan how to achieve that goal. It is important that you get support. A team always reaches more than one person all by itself. I also want to write many good songs and give great concerts. I want to give my best and then I will see what is possible and what I can achieve with it.